In your profile
You can add products one by one in your profile, on the Products → Add product page.
# Using Ozon search
Before creating a product, check whether it is already available on Ozon. If yes, you will not have to fill in all the product details manually.
# Step 1. Find products
In the Product already sold on Ozon section, enter a search phrase and click Find. The system will select products that may suit you.
If the search has yielded suitable products, click on Select , and they will be added to the list, from which they can then be added to your inventory. The seller of the product may prohibit copying its PDP. In this case, select another similar product.
If necessary, enter a new search phrase and search for other products.
# Step 2. Add products to your inventory
When you have found all the products, click on Complete adding. A list with the products you have selected will open.
Indicate the Product ID, price for each product. In the VAT area, choose Not subject to.
Click on Add Products.
When uploading the products of the following categories: Fur coats, Shoes, Clothes, Cameras and flash lamps, Tires, Light industry goods, Perfumes and eau de toilette, indicate the CN FEA (FEACN) (Commodity Nomenclature for Foreign Economic Activities of the Customs Union) or OKPD2 code for each product in the OKPD (Russian classifier of products by type of economic activity) or CN FEA code field.
If you do not know which category your product belongs to and it is not a banned product, select "FEACN 29.09.20.20 - CROSSBORDER PRODUCTS" or "2812 Crossborder products". However, it is better to choose the OKPD/FEACN code that matches your product.
If you have not found your product on Ozon, you will have to create it. To do this, in the New product block, click on Add new product.
If there are several versions of your product (for example, color, size or weight), each version is a separate product. For example, a 42 size T-shirt and a 44 size T-shirt are different products. Add each product separately and specify different Product IDs for the products. You can combine them in a single PDP. Learn more about how to do this.
# Step 1. Fill in the main characteristics
Fill in the following fields:
Field What to enter Example Name The product name is generated using one of the following methods:
- Compiled automatically out of mandatory characteristics, by default for all categories. The name is generated based on the following pattern: type + brand + model + characteristics important for the category. To compile the name automatically, leave the Name field empty.
- Manually set (you can specify the name to be shown at the PDP yourself). Such names have to pass moderation and must meet certain requirements.
Smartphone Apple iPhone X 64GB, Silver
The best smartphone! iPhone X
Product ID The Product ID or the product number in your database.
Each product must have a unique Product ID. For example, a notebook with a red cover and a similar notebook with a blue cover are different products. Add another product with a new Product ID separately.
If there are repeating Product IDs in your database, change them to unique ones. For example, add product colors, sizes, or "_1", "_2", "_3" to the Product IDs.
Select a product category. Selectting the right category is important, as the referral fee will be charged depending on the category. If you did not find a suitable one or indicated the wrong category, message us by following the link or clicking on the message icon at the bottom of your profile and selecting Create a request. Then select the "Content / Working with PDPs" section and the "Invalid Referral Fee and / or Product category" subsection.
Set up the price and select Exempt or Not subject to in the VAT rate area. You can specify additional prices:
- Price before discounts at which the item has been sold before. Buyers will see the crossed out price and discount percentage. Price before discounts must be higher than the current one.
- Special price for Ozon Premium subscribers. Learn more about Ozon Premium pricing
Specify the weight and dimensions of the packaged product. For each product category, there are maximum and minimum values, but no more than 2,500 mm for length/width/height. The weight should not exceed 160,000 g.
- You can specify the dimensions of the product without packaging in the Characteristics section.
Click on Next , and the system will check whether such a product is already available on Ozon. If this product is already available, you will see a notification reading "Your product appears to be on Ozon already". Click on Save the Product. It will appear in your inventory, and your offer will be linked to the PDP automatically. Examples of offers on PDPs:
What affects the offer sequence:
- Availability of the product in the warehouse.
- Price: the lower the price, the higher the product is on the list.
- Warehouse placement: if the price is the same, the offer with the product placed in an Ozon warehouse will be higher.
- Date added: if the price and warehouse of placement are the same, the offer with the product added to Ozon earlier will be higher.
If there is no such product yet, you will proceed to the next step.
# Step 2. Specify product characteristics
For a new product, fill in the additional characteristics. They will appear on the PDP. To make the product more attractive to customers, enter as many characteristics as possible.
If the product has several versions (for example, colors or sizes), fill in the Combine in a single PDP field. It will pack the products into a single PDP, so it should be the same for all versions. We recommend that you learn other features of combining products in a single PDP.
Examples of versions
If you are planning to sell:
- Lots of several pieces of one product, for example, 3 bars of soap in one package: when uploading the products, enter the required number of items, for example, 3, in the Items per product field .
- Single-piece products: enter 1 in the Items per product field.
# Step 3. Add product images and videos
Upload the following for your product:
- The main image , to be shown first on the PDP.
- Additional images.
- Images of the product or item color options, if available.
- Videos , if available. Learn more about uploading videos.
To make an image the main one, hover over it and click on the star.
Click on Next.
# Step 4. Check the product details
Check the correctness of the details you entered and click on Add Product.